The Whole 'Tude Family!

The Whole 'Tude Family!
Trying to stay warm...Snuggling: the answer to the quest for world peace!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Beating the Carpool Line with Dance Party Thursday

First...the back story.

Believe it or not, I'm not naturally a morning person. Big shocker. I've always been more of a nocturnal type. I've always loved to stay up late, and I'm generally more productive at night probably because there's nothing else to distract me. Nonetheless, nocturnal and 7:45 tardy bell do not a happy couple make.

Since sleep is inherited, it's another big shocker that my kids aren't exactly what one would call "morning people." They aren't grumpy or anything atrocious, but they need a good 10 minutes or one fantastic incentive to get out of bed before 7, unless it's the weekend... Problem.

I'm not a big fan of problems; I tend to be hopping on solutions, and this was turning into kind of a major issue and ruining everyone's morning. So I hatched a plan--Dance Party Thursday!

(You are now officially up to speed.)

Dance Party Thursday might be one of the most brilliant ideas I ever had. Mostly because it worked like a charm, cost me nothing, and it's really a total blast! Here's how it works: I fire up my laptop, go to www.grooveshark.com--which works like a virtual jukebox without the quarters--and click away! After I have my DJ line-up ready to go, I crank the volume to full tilt, and head down the hall announcing, "Yeah Baby! It's Dance Party Thursday!!!!!!!"

And before I know it, I have created two club rats!

My son loves Bon Jovi and anything that I would have listened to in about the 6th grade. My daughter prefers music more along the lines of Gaga and Katy Perry. It's a bit terrifying, but we have yet to be anywhere close to late on Dance Party Thursday! I'm saying pick your battles, and if you can't beat 'em--dance like you're Britney and no one's watching!

All-Request Friday Coming Soon!!!!
Post your requests for the DJ--should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment