The Whole 'Tude Family!

The Whole 'Tude Family!
Trying to stay warm...Snuggling: the answer to the quest for world peace!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Naughty List!

Dear Big Oil Companies,

Shame on you.

This is NOT the time of year to inflate oil prices! There is no good reason for gas to cost $3.00 a gallon, but there are plenty of good reasons to keep that price down for the next 20 days or so. Is your heart two sizes too small? In case you need some encouragement, I'm offering a few ideas...

An ever-increasing number of people don't fly because it costs them more to get their bags to their destination than it does for their tickets. So they drive across two states to see their grandmothers. If that is out of the question, parents probably start cutting from their holiday spending. It won't be from buying their kids gifts. It will be donating to charitable organizations like Angel Tree, food banks, donation projects at work and schools, coat drives...Shall I continue?

Big Oil, you are shooting yourself in the wallet. I drove a gas-guzzling truck for a while. I sold that puppy and got myself into a zippy little red Prius (just in time, too!). My number one criteria when looking for a new car? GAS MILEAGE! So I have literally cut my gas spending by 75% in the last month.

If this doesn't change your mind about lowering gas prices just in time for the holidays, I have another idea...

Dear Santa,

Will you please consider skipping the people who are responsible for the high price of gas this holiday season? Since most of us don't have access to your zero emissions flying reindeer to get around...although on second thought, that would really cause an issue in the carpool line! Please don't give them coal either as they'd just find a way to burn it or turn it around and sell it for a million percent more than it cost them! While I'm asking, I have one more request: will you ask them to read that article in The Economist about the new capitalism and encourage them to be a bit more socially responsible?

Oh, and by the way, I know my daughter asked you to get me pregnant for Christmas so she could have a little sister, but really, it's not necessary. I confiscated her letter, but I know those little elves are very effective. I'm good with the two I've got.

Thanks, Santa! Sugar cubed to Rudolph!

No comments:

Post a Comment